12 Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do not use vegetable oils, margarine, or Crisco – they are extremely bad for you and before the 20th century, they were never in the human diet.
2. Hidden Sugar
Avoid as much as possible all processed foods because they are FULL of added sugar. If it comes in a box, bag or bottle you should look at the label, if you can’t pronounce the ingredients, then you shouldn’t eat it.
3. What do I eat or how do I do this diet?
Watch my video “Your Own Personal Diet Guru” for a better understanding of my way of doing this diet.
4. DO NOT EAT WHEAT – this is one food you should avoid, period. The proteins in it (gluten and gliadin) are bad for your joints, your brain and your guts. I’ve addressed this issue in other posts. Look up Dr. William Davis “Wheat Belly” and Dr. David Perlmutter “Grain Brain”
5. Do not eat Atkins style meal replacement bars, shakes or other low carb ready-made junk food. Eat REAL food. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, you should not eat it.
6. SOME people have a problem with dairy, but I did not have this problem. If you are having a hard time losing, try cutting all cheese and milk products for a week or two and see if this changes your results.
7. Some people have a problem with nuts – try cutting them out for a week. We are all different, what I can eat, you may not be able to eat. Experiment on yourself.
8. Measure Instead of Weighing.
Use a soft (fabric) measuring tape to measure your progress. Measure at your belly button and write it down. Many people see great results the first week or two on the scale, then the scale will not move for a while. This is normal for some. But this is a diet that attacks FAT, so measure fat on your body, not total weight.
9. Don’t eat when you’re not hungry.
Don’t snack just because it’s break time, don’t eat because it’s meal time. Use the complete appetite control this diet gives you to eat only when hungry, but never force it, never be hungry. Hunger is natures way of letting you know you need nutrition, so if you’re not hungry, DON’T EAT and DON’T WORRY. Your body will let you know when to eat and how much as long as you don’t spike your insulin and force your food into fat storage.
10. Take Extra Salt.
When you first start you need to take extra salt each day. Your body is getting rid of a lot of water and along with that water a lot of your electrolytes. Replace them by taking salt for a month or so. I had a chicken bouillon cube hot drink morning and night for a while. When your body adjusts, and it will, you will not have to do this. If you’re feeling weak, this is probably the problem.
11. Avoid FRUCTOSE sugar.
This stuff is in everything in the form of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). Before the last century, human’s only had this fructose type of sugar seasonally in fruit and even then in small amounts. It is terrible for your waistline, your liver and will increase your triglycerides (fat in your bloodstream). Look up Dr. Robert Lustig.
12. NO, it’s not okay to cheat a little.
Yes, is does matter, especially at first. You are converting your body to a system that uses fat for fuel. This takes several weeks. “Rome was not built in a day” and you are not going to fix everything in two weeks, sorry. It took you twenty years to mess yourself up, and it will take time to fix it. Don’t mess yourself up by saying “just a little” cheat won’t matter. This is your health, QUIT lying to yourself and whining about your bad luck. You’re fat, sick and in pain, but you think you can have one cookie or just one Coke. You have mental issues like anxiety, depression and panic attacks but you think one “Little Debbie” won’t hurt – but the sugar and wheat in that snack is one of the reasons you are depressed, sick, fat and in pain. STOP eating this junk or at least make sure you have really good major medical insurance, because you are going to need it.
Most diets cause you to use “will power” to eat less, but this doesn’t work for long for most people. The LCHF (low carb/high fat) diet turns off the “out of control hunger urges” that you’ve struggled with all your life and gives you control, gives you freedom without using “will power”. This will enable to do what is called “intermittent fasting”.
Intermittent Fasting or Short-term fasting.
You need to learn about this wonderful and easy process of not eating and all the many things it can do to help you lose weight and reverse many of the health issues a high insulin level causes. The most complete source of information on intermittent fasting can be gained all in one convenient book, which I highly recommend. I’ve written a critical review of some of the parts, but I still think “Eat Stop Eat” is the best fasting book you can find at this time. See my REVIEW at this link – http://www.buttermakesyourpantsfalloff.com/fasting-is-the-cure/
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. Individual Results may vary.
19,490 total views, 6 views today