The recipe I use in this video is a little different than the one I’ve always had in this article.
1. Brown 3 1/2 pounds of hamburger meat.
While the meat is browning.
2. Use a food processor to chop two green bell peppers and one yellow onion.
3. Measure the spices on a plate (so you can add easily when the hamburger is browned).
- – 2 tsp of garlic powder
- – 1/8 cup of cumin
- – 1/4 cup of chili powder
- – 1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper ( the more you use the hotter!!)
- – 3 tsp salt
4. Open the two cans –
- one 10.5 oz can of Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
- one 10.75 oz can of Tomato Puree.
5. Drain the fat off the browned hamburger into a bowl. (Do not throw away).
Pour about half the drained fat back into the pot (over a cup of fat, I reused about half of that, a little over 1/2 cup this time), you could use all the fat, but it might make the chili too greasy.
6. Add the spices you prepared into the pot with the meat and mix.
7. Add chopped onions and peppers into the pot with the meat and mix.
8. Add a full box of beef broth or about 32 ounces.
9. Mix in 10.5 oz. can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies and 10.75 oz. can of tomato puree.
10. Mix it all up and let it cook for 30-45 minutes on medium heat, stir often.
Serve it up with some shredded real whole fat cheese and/or sour cream. And hopefully Enjoy.
It is almost impossible to figure exact calorie or macro-nutrient numbers, but the following is my best calculated guess.
65% Fat, 27% Protein, 8% Carbs, 6% Net Carbs
- 297 grams of fat for full pot of chili – this is if you drain and throw away a 1/2 cup of fat from browning the meat.
- 272 grams of protein for full pot.
- 83 grams of Total Carbs for full pot.
- 60 grams of Net Carbs for full pot.
Fat Fast Cookbook and 200 LCHF Recipes – If you want to learn how to get the fat way up these two books can help you a lot.
They call me Butter Bob, but . . .
There’s something more to my story than Butter.
You Can See My Before and After
You Can Watch My Videos
Most diets cause you to use “will power” to eat less, but this doesn’t work for long for most people. The LCHF (low carb/high fat) diet turns off the “out of control hunger urges” that you’ve struggled with all your life and gives you control, gives you freedom without using “will power”. This will enable to do what is called “intermittent fasting”.
Intermittent Fasting or Short-term fasting.
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. Individual Results may vary.
754,050 total views, 24 views today